Sunday 31 March 2013

Duke of Deadinburgh

Sorry for the random outburst just then.

Hello everyone :)

I HAVE MADE A DECISION *dun dun DUN* I will not explode your puny minds (I'm joking, they are huge expansions of gigantic expansions...don't mind me) with blocks of essays in my blogs. Millions of little posts every now and then. Now, how is that? Great.

Past month I don't even know what I was doing to be honest.

Jade, what the hell WERE you doing?

Let's start with...last week. Oh my goats guys, I went to Duke of Ed on Wednesday and let's just say I didn't fit the category of "morale booster". I'll stick to being the group photographer and maybe if I had to pick to be something else, a back-up person or a navigator. Let me explain the back-up part. As you may be deduced from my numerous blog-essays, I have built a solid lack of trust with people. Unfortunately. When I was younger, let's say in primary, I trusted people pretty darn well. Too much "pretty darn well"s in fact. So even though we had a first-aid officer and a chef and a communications officer...I brought a week's supply of food, band-aids, gauze, medications, tape, double batteries for cameras and phones, a survival booklet and a lighter because I like to burn crap.

Unfortunately, I wasn't allowed to burn crap. Perhaps it was because I was trying to be a hypocrite (I hate fire, but it doesn't necessarily mean I hate playing with it. I fishing love playing with fire) and burn fire-ants with fire. The fire-ant was on my tent. Big no-no.

After walking 26km in the bloody hot Australian sun (had to say Australian or it wouldn't sound so bad) I WAS FREE. My right hip is still in pain, my shoulder/neck area was just numb and my feet... I don't even think they're feet anymore.

It was a great "feat" to walk so far. You may ask "how did you survive Jade?" and I'm going to sound like a complete nerd, but I am so... WELL I started to revise all of my science notes. Mentally. For some odd reason. At the end there was this NEVER FREAKING ENDING FIRE TRAIL and I just gave up so my friend just had to drag me down (up- more ups and downs on these hills... LATEBADJOKEALERT) the trail.

I started to talk about the pH levels of various things.

NOTE TO READER: never walk on fire trails. Ever. Even if the choice was between hell and fire trails, pick hell.

Apparently while I was on this walk with a 12.5kg pack, my dog ran all the way to Petersham from Marrickville. Which is funny because he stuck to the same road.

Ahh he is so cute and FLUFFY.

Anyway I have this (well not really) fear of things invading my private space. It's not really a fear. Unless IT IS A FIRE-ANT IN YOUR TENT...It's like if someone's arm (namely, my sister when we sit next to each other) touches my arm I'd walk to Mexico into a taco shop that doesn't sell any tacos just so that they cannot penetrate my personal bubble. Like that fishing praying mantis at camp which decided to circle my neck as I slept. It was killed by...by... "unknown" means. i don't know but I hate it when people squish your cheeks. It's painful. And you are invading my personal space. Maybe that's why I don't like hugs. Only my teddy bear can hug me. Charlie has my permission.

I finally finished 6/2834728 exams this week (oh right, happy easter earthlings)

Why do I call people earthlings? I don't know either. I also tend to call people "child" or "children" obviously depending if I'm talking to "tu" or "vous". There are many psychological things I do not know. Except for some cognitive psychology which I have done thorough research on for my assignment. The memory is beautiful.

France is in a week so be prepared for my first vlog :D

...I said this post was going to be short right?

Sure sure Jade. Sure.

Good Morning, (1:04AM now)

Jadeeeeeeeeeeeertyuiop

Images: this is slightly behind schedule (I should add my Goldcoast pictures too) but two of my favourite camp photos. My BFFL <3 *cough* and the frangines (it's a french student inside joke)



No comments:

Post a Comment